Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Biff with Obama

I refused to watch the inaugeration yesterday. I wasn't feeling well to begin with and I wanted to keep some of my stomach.

You see, I'm not exactly thrilled with our new president. And I will respect his office becuase he was elected president. But I just thought I had better things to do with my time then to listen to a lot of TV pundits go on and on about how great Obama is. Nobody has any criticism for this guy?

Even comedians appear to be lamenting that there is nothing to mock about this new 'hip and cool' president who appears the only qualifications for the office he holds is he's an ivy league college grad, been in the senate for two seconds, and he speaks well. And don't forget he's black, which appears to be the primary reason for likely half of the people who voted for him voted for him.

I noticed some of my liberal friends were commenting, "We have a black president now! History is being made! This is incredible!"

All I am thinking is, what have we done? We just elected an inexperienced individual to the most powerful office in the world. But don't worry, it won't be that for long. As soon as Obama becomes President of the World, he won't need to be in the silly office of President of the United States anymore. If there even is one.

Am I being a little harsh and possibly judgemental? Maybe. But I'll give the man this. I'll give him six months to prove to me that he has the capacity to lead this nation into something other then total economic ruin and failure. That's more then a lot of people gave Bush, who were criticizing him from the moment he took office. But nobody can have a negative thing to say about Obama. If you dare raise question of his awesomeness to his faithful followers, they will wonder how you could be so unpatriotic as to defy the exhaulted one?

You know, the liberals have been harping that the myth of the quote 'dissent is the highest form of patriotism' to me for the last eight years as their reasoning for lamenting what they call the 'Bush fiasco' or whatever. So what if conservatives dissented against a liberal president for once? Where would that lead us? Remember, conservatives are the ones with the guns.

Now, do I want Obama to fail? Absolutely not. At least, I can only Hope that he doesn't plunge our economy with massive deficits and manages to keep our nation safe. But I'm not holding my breath on this guy who campaigned on empty promises of 'Hope and Change' so that the words have lost all purpose and meaning other then to go synonymously with Obama.

But I'll give him this. He has some pretty adorable daughters.

1 comment:

  1. Secret Blogger Person, you could not have picked a better word

    "inaugeration"

    to express the size of the drilling we're going to get from this new "ice hole". Pure genius.

    PS - I had to go out and get a Google Account to be allowed to leave comments here. And then I had to use IE, because I don't see the verification thingy on Firefox.

    Best of luck starting over.

    ReplyDelete