Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snowboarding Crazies


A few weeks ago i went up to a local mountain near where I live and took my camera with me. I couldn't really afford to go get crazy like I secretly want too, because the older you get, the harder it hurts when you fall.

Damn it how age is like that.

So I decided to get pictures of other people getting crazy off their big air jump. I camped myself by the jump and just snapped shots of people getting air. I have no idea who any of these people are and I don't know if they really wanted me to get their picture or not, but I did so I guess they'll just have to survive.

I don't think there is any law so to speak of taking random pictures of people, as long as you don't make a proffit off their photographs or use them in some way that is, well, hmm. . . What is the copyright policy on using other people's images anyway? I probably should look that up. Anyway, it appears that you can't really tell who these people are, but they undoubtedly would know that it is themselves if they were to see the images I would think.





I think I need to take my camera into the shop. I beat the crap out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures taken in public of just about anything are fine for personal use and as best I can tell, personal use on a personal blog or in a Youtube video is okay.

    Most people complain only if your pictures made them look bad.

    Pictures of recognizable people used for advertising require a written "model release".

    No one in your photos is recognizable so there is nothing to worry about.

    Some times overzealous individuals and police get excited if you take photos of children in public (its not against the law), and some police and security guards over step the law in trying to prohibit photography or videography of public events in public.

    There is also a very broad and clearly understood exemption for the news media to pretty much photograph and video tape anything they can see from a public land or facility. Something about the 1st Amendment.

    ReplyDelete